1/1 Photo of Japanese Rice Bowl
Mika G.'s Note:
I had a dish similar to this in the Tom Bradley International Airport while traveling to Korea this summer. I loved it so much that I searched the web to find something that tasted like it. This is really close. You have to top it with the red pickled ginger though, that is what really makes this dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 4-quart pan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add rice and salt. Cover and reduce heat to simmer, then cook until almost tender, 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- 2In a small pan, bring soy sauce, sugar, sake, and 3/4 cup water to a boil. Remove from heat and reserve.
- 3In a 10-inch frying pan over high heat, cook onion in oil until it begins to brown, 3-5 minutes. Add chicken and continue stirring for 2 minutes, then add 1/2 cup soy-sake sauce and stir until chicken is cooked, 2 minutes longer.
- 4Divide rice among 4 bowls. Top with chicken, remaining sauce, and cilantro. Serve with ginger.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Rice Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.1
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 1996.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 35.5 g