1/1 Photo of Japanese Restaurant Shrimp Sauce
We love the shrimp sauce at our local Japanese restaurant and I've worked from several recipes, adding my own tweaks and changes until I have found the right flavor for us. My husband says mine is better than the restaurant. :o) I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. It's wonderful with shrimp and veggies but also with chicken and steak! Do NOT substitute the Hellman's for some other kind of mayo. It makes a difference in the final product!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the butter with the paprika, garlic powder, sugar and salt, then add remaining ingredients (in a bowl with a tight-fitting lid).
- 2Shake until combined thoroughly.
- 3Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
- 4You may want to add a bit of water to thin it out, not too much or you will dilute the flavors.
- 5Shake well and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Restaurant Shrimp Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.3
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 521.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 0.7 g