Recipe by mollypaul
A lovely pumpkin soup posted in response to a recipe request from an online source.
Top Review by anneb65henry
So smooth and yummy! I used chicken stock instead of bouillon and soy milk instead of cow. My husband LOVED this! We'd received a kabocha in our CSA box and this was a perfect use for it.
- 1 lb japanese kabocha squash
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper (to season)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pumpkin into large blocks and remove seeds.
- Place pumpkin on a plate and heat in microwave for one minute.
- Slice pumpkin thinly.
- Heat butter in saute pan and cook onion slices until softened (not brown).
- Add pumpkin slices to the pan and saute.
- Add chicken bouillon and water and simmer vegetables until softened.
- When cooked, whirl the vegetables and broth in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to the pan and add milk.
- Heat the soup over low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.