A lovely pumpkin soup posted in response to a recipe request from an online source.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut pumpkin into large blocks and remove seeds.
- 2Place pumpkin on a plate and heat in microwave for one minute.
- 3Slice pumpkin thinly.
- 4Heat butter in saute pan and cook onion slices until softened (not brown).
- 5Add pumpkin slices to the pan and saute.
- 6Add chicken bouillon and water and simmer vegetables until softened.
- 7When cooked, whirl the vegetables and broth in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 8Return to the pan and add milk.
- 9Heat the soup over low heat.
- 10Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Pumpkin Soup (Kabocha Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.0
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.3 mg
- Sodium 422.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g