Recipe by Olha
Great texture in this spicy hot dish. Crisp stir fried vegetables served over rice vermicelli.
- 9 ounces rice vermicelli
- boiling water, to cover
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
FOR THE VEGETABLES
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 6 ounces fresh snow peas
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can baby corn, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover vermicelli with boiling water in large bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes until softened. Drain. Set aside.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of water into cornstarch in small bowl until smooth. Add next five ingredients, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Stir. Set aside.
- FOR THE VEGETABLES: Heat wok or frying pan until hot. Add sesame oil or cooking oil. Add broccoli and carrot. Stir fry until tender crisp.
- Add remaining 4 ingredients. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture. Stir in broccoli mixture until boiling and thickened. Server over vermicelli. Makes 10 cups.
- Company’s Coming.