Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quite colorful with a delicate flavor. Very satisfying.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork loin, thinly sliced (or pork tenderloin)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed green peppers (about 2 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed red peppers (about 2 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed yellow peppers (about 2 medium)
- 6 green onions, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sake (rice wine) or 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (or alcohol-free sherry)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat wok or frying pan until hot. Add cooking oil. Add pork slices. Stir fry for about 2 minutes until browned.
- Add next 4 ingredients. Stir fry for about 6 minutes until peppers are tender crisp.
- Stir soy sauce, sake and sugar into cornstarch in small bowl until smooth. Stir into pork mixture until boiling and thickened. Serves 6.
- Company’s Coming Asian Cooking.