Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very simple, very quick dish to make and it tastes great, is healthy and is on the table in 35 minutes. It would even be quicker than that, but there is a ten minute marinating time.
- Combine sake, sugar, soy sauce and ginger in a bowl and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add sliced pork and marinade 10 min's (do not marinate longer than 10 min's as pork will become tough.) Drain pork over a small bowl, reserve marinade.
- While pork is marinating, remove thick ribs from cabbage (the thick white stalky part in the centre.) Cut leaves into approx 4cm squares.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add pork stir-fry for about 5 Min's or until pork is almost cooked. Add reserved marinade stir-fry for a couple of minutes, finally add cabbage and stir-fry until cabbage just wilts.
- Serve pork over steamed rice.
Ginger, soy sauce, and crispy cabbage set the stage for a wonderful stir fry pork. I added Thai chiles and green onion at the very end for a perfect zippy flavor. After reading the previous review I halved the recipe but kept the sauce amount as for four. I julienned the cabbage versus squares. Served over brown rice. Will definitely make this one again!! Can't wait to eat the leftovers.
We really liked this. It had wonderful flavour. My boyfriend's only complaint is that he wished there was more sauce so I may double it next time to please him. I didn't have sake and substituted dry pale sherry. I used four teaspoons of ginger and served with rice. I would love to try this with sake in the future and we will be having this again. I usually have most of the ingredients on hand (with the exception of the sake, of course) and it is very quick and easy after a hard day at work. Thanks for posting!