1/5 Photos of Japanese Pork and Ginger Cabbage
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a very simple, very quick dish to make and it tastes great, is healthy and is on the table in 35 minutes. It would even be quicker than that, but there is a ten minute marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sake, sugar, soy sauce and ginger in a bowl and stir until sugar dissolves.
- 2Add sliced pork and marinade 10 min's (do not marinate longer than 10 min's as pork will become tough.) Drain pork over a small bowl, reserve marinade.
- 3While pork is marinating, remove thick ribs from cabbage (the thick white stalky part in the centre.) Cut leaves into approx 4cm squares.
- 4Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add pork stir-fry for about 5 Min's or until pork is almost cooked. Add reserved marinade stir-fry for a couple of minutes, finally add cabbage and stir-fry until cabbage just wilts.
- 5Serve pork over steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Pork and Ginger Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.2
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 126.0 mg
- Sodium 1123.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 44.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: