Recipe by Dib's
This is a great condiment for sushi or sashimi.
Top Review by Bergy
I cut this recipe way back to just have a bit of pickled ginger on hand for my sushi cravings - no problem- Great flavor. The only thing I would do differently is shave the ginger very fine about 1/16"instead of the 1/8". I had some today for lunch with "bought" Sushi Thanbks Dibs it was fun making my own
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled gingerroot, sliced into 2 x 1/8 inch slivers
- 1 1⁄4 cups rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon red miso
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak ginger slivers in ice water, covered for 12 hours.
- In a small stainless or enamel saucepan combine vinegar, honey and miso.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pack drained ginger into 2 half pint jars.
- Pour hot liquid over ginger, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Seal and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- See altitude chart for higher altitudes.