Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great used to cleanse the palate while eating sushi. I happen to love it to eat along with my sushi :)
- Wash fresh ginger root and rub off skin.
- Slice the ginger thinly.
- Sprinkle salt on ginger.
- Leave salted ginger slices in a bowl for 1 hour.
- Dry the ginger slices with paper towels, and put them in a sterilized container/jar.
- Mix rice vinegar and sugar in a pan, and bring to a boil.
- Pour the hot mixture of vinegar and sugar over the ginger slices. Cool.
- The ginger will change color to light pink.
- Cover the jar, and store it in the refrigerator.
Thanks again for all!