1 hr 15 mins
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
Great used to cleanse the palate while eating sushi. I happen to love it to eat along with my sushi :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash fresh ginger root and rub off skin.
- 2Slice the ginger thinly.
- 3Sprinkle salt on ginger.
- 4Leave salted ginger slices in a bowl for 1 hour.
- 5Dry the ginger slices with paper towels, and put them in a sterilized container/jar.
- 6Mix rice vinegar and sugar in a pan, and bring to a boil.
- 7Pour the hot mixture of vinegar and sugar over the ginger slices. Cool.
- 8The ginger will change color to light pink.
- 9Cover the jar, and store it in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Pickled Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (2034 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1201.4
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2391.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 280.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 207.6 g
- Protein 8.2 g