Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crunchy and fresh, with a delightful flavor, this is a nice side to go with some of your other salads, vegetables, and chutneys. Not really a salad in the Western culinary sense, but more of a condiment, like seaweed salad. Prep time does not include refrigeration time. :)
- Peel and finely shred carrot and daikon.
- Put vegetables into large bowl; sprinkle with salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Gently squeeze out as much water as possible from vegetables.
- In a bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- add vegetables and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Salad will keep for up to 1 week in sealed container in refrigerator.
Oh I cannot begin to thank you for this salad! This reminds me of my mother's recipe. I think she had some miso in there too, but this is by far the closest, most tasty daikon salad I had found. I added some brown sugar as well. I think next time I will be adding some cucumber as well. Thank you very much for this!
This is exactly what I was looking for, something quick and easy to accompany the main dish. The taste is very subtle, not too sour nor too sweet. In order to make it more interesting, I peel the carrot and then cut 3 V shape lengthwise before cross-cut to make easy flower shape pieces. I also double the receipe the third time I made this dish since it went so fast. It store well in the fridge. Thanks for sharing your receipe.
This tastes just like what you would get at a restaurant. Fabulous!