Crunchy and fresh, with a delightful flavor, this is a nice side to go with some of your other salads, vegetables, and chutneys. Not really a salad in the Western culinary sense, but more of a condiment, like seaweed salad. Prep time does not include refrigeration time. :)
- Peel and finely shred carrot and daikon.
- Put vegetables into large bowl; sprinkle with salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Gently squeeze out as much water as possible from vegetables.
- In a bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- add vegetables and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Salad will keep for up to 1 week in sealed container in refrigerator.