1/1 Photo of Japanese Pickled Daikon and Carrot Salad
Sue Lau's Note:
Crunchy and fresh, with a delightful flavor, this is a nice side to go with some of your other salads, vegetables, and chutneys. Not really a salad in the Western culinary sense, but more of a condiment, like seaweed salad. Prep time does not include refrigeration time. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and finely shred carrot and daikon.
- 2Put vegetables into large bowl; sprinkle with salt and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 3Gently squeeze out as much water as possible from vegetables.
- 4In a bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 5add vegetables and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- 6Salad will keep for up to 1 week in sealed container in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Pickled Daikon and Carrot Salad
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 633.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: