Recipe by Sue Lau
A very tasty and refreshing little treat! Goes great with sushi and as a side to spicy dishes, as a cooling accompaniment. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 9.85 ml salt (to sprinkle)
- 59.16 ml rice vinegar
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cucumbers in a bowl, sprinkle with salt, and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse cucumbers under cold water to remove salt.
- Mix together rice vinegar, sugar, and salt, stirring until sugar and salt dissolve.
- Pour over cucumbers.
- Marinate cucumbers overnight in refrigerator in sealed container.