Recipe from Ross Kamens, executive chef, posted on Noodles & Company's website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb udon noodles (Japanese wheat noodles)
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup scallion, cut on the bias
- 1/2 cup red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushroom, de-stemmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 tablespoon pure sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce ~ recipes on food.com)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seed
- 24 shrimp (16-20 peeled & de-veined)
- 1Cook noodles in boiling water until al dente, drain and cool in ice water.
- 2Drain, let rest and toss with sesame oil.
- 3Blanch broccoli and carrots in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, cool down in ice water, drain and set aside.
- 4Place large sauté pan over high heat. Add canola oil and sauté mushrooms until lightly golden.
- 5Add shrimp, carrots, broccoli, peppers, scallions, ginger, Chile garlic sauce, sweet soy, and noodles to pan in that order. Cook until noodles are caramelized or golden.
- 6Place on platter and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Pan Noodles With Sauteed Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 1616.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: