Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe from Ross Kamens, executive chef, posted on Noodles & Company's website.
- 1 lb udon noodles (Japanese wheat noodles)
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, cut on the bias
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup fresh shiitake mushroom, de-stemmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 1 tablespoon pure sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce ~ recipes on food.com)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seed
- 24 shrimp (16-20 peeled & de-veined)
- Cook noodles in boiling water until al dente, drain and cool in ice water.
- Drain, let rest and toss with sesame oil.
- Blanch broccoli and carrots in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, cool down in ice water, drain and set aside.
- Place large sauté pan over high heat. Add canola oil and sauté mushrooms until lightly golden.
- Add shrimp, carrots, broccoli, peppers, scallions, ginger, Chile garlic sauce, sweet soy, and noodles to pan in that order. Cook until noodles are caramelized or golden.
- Place on platter and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.