Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is perfect! Cooks fast, crispy outside and tender inside, so flavourful and easy. Taken from a Japanese recipes website.
- 3 chicken thighs (or breasts, or any part you like)
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sake
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- oil, for frying
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces; put in a sealable bag.
- Mince ginger and garlic, put them inside the bag along with the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sake and sesame oil.
- Leave for 15 minutes for the flavours to get absorbed.
- Add the cornstarch to the bag, shake and mix well.
- Fry in heated oil, medium heat. when browned, turn over. at the very end, increase heat to high to get them as crispy as possible.
- Drain excess oil on kitchen paper, enjoy!
- Uou could add sliced scallions to this too.
The marinade has a subtle flavour, but it is delicious all the same. To be honest I think this would be good without the flour and thrown on the grill. Would probably add a little more garlic next time but that's just personal preference.