In '1,000 Lowfat Recipes' by Terry Blonder Golson
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package japanese noodles (udon or soba)
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets (sliced stems can also be used)
- 1 carrot, grated (or thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1Cook the noodles, drain, run under cool water, drain again, and set aside.
- 2Steam the broccoli and carrots until the color of the broccoli brightens, about 3 minutes.
- 3Stop the cooking process by immersing the vegetables in cold water.
- 4Heat the vegetable oil in a pan until it is hot but not bubbling.
- 5Add the sesame seeds.
- 6Remove the pan from the heat as soon as the seeds turn light brown.
- 7Stir the scallions into the hot oil; they will wilt.
- 8Combine the noodles, vegetables, sesame oil, and scallions.
- 9Add the soy sauce and lemon juice.
- 10Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 273.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 7.2 g