Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a light and nutritious recipe. This is perfect for picnics and anytime of the day. This dish is so simple to make. It tastes better overnight in the fridge. Serve cold. Enjoy!!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package soba noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup edamame (japanese soy bean)
- 2 cups broccoli, blanched
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Add salt to boiling water.
- Cook soba noodles according to instructions.It normally takes 7-8 minutes.
- Drain noodles and run cold water through to stop the cooking process.
- Set soba noodles aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, garlic powder, pepper. Slowly add olive oil and whick to thicken.
- Mix noodles with all vegetables and pour sauce over it.
- Mix well and chill in the fridge.
Have been unable to get our favourite noodle sauce at the supermarket so resorted to Recipezaar. We LOVE this noodle sauce! Made it just for noodles without the salad vegies. I did add 1/4 tsp ginger, used crushed garlic instead of powder and substituted 1 Tbsp chilli oil for one of olive oil. but very good as is too.