Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very quick and easy dish - cheap too - only 65p per person! You can take this on picnic for something different.
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 50 g sesame seeds
- 125 g dried egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (dark or rich)
- 2 teaspoons clear honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red pepper
- 2 medium carrots (peeled)
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 -4 radishes
- 3 spring onions
- Preheat the oven to 190c/gas5. Spread the pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes Leave to cool.
- Boil the noodles as per instructions on pack and drain then rinse under cold running water.
- Put the vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil in a large bowl and whisk together. Add the noodles and toss them together.
- Cut the red pepper and carrots into very thin strips. Thinly slice the radishes and spiring onions (onions at an angle to look pretty!).
- Add the vegetables and seeds to the noodles and toss together. Serve warm or cold -- .
I really liked this a lot. It is nice and fresh and was fast to make. Portions were a bit small...