Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great tasting salad with japanese flavours.
- 500 g soba noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 300 g mushrooms, assorted varieties
- 3 cm fresh ginger, julienned
- 1 carrot
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 130 g water chestnuts, drained thickly sliced
- Cook noodles according to packet directions. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat fry-pan and toast sesame seeds. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add mushrooms and ginger cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Peel carrot and using vegetable peeler cut into long ribbons.
- Mix wasabi, mirin and soy sauce together well.
- Place noodles, mushroom mixture, carrot and water chestnuts in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Wasn't quite tasty enough for me; I think I'll stick to having my soba with dipping sauce.
Cancel the above review, as it was for a different recipe. Sorry!!