1/1 Photo of Japanese Negi (leek) Patties
Tomoko's mum Toshiko sent me 3 new cookbooks. They are written in Japanese, so Tomoko and I are going to slowly translate the recipes we want to make-here is the first one! Prep time doesn't include cooling the leeks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 leek, shredded finely
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1Stir fry the leek in the 1 tablespoon of oil until a little softened.
- 3Meanwhile place the first 4 sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- 4Add the cornstarch mix to this, and stir until it thickens.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Place the leeks, eggs and pinch of salt in a bowl and mix.
- 7Heat half the sesame oil in a large frypan over medium high heat.
- 8Using half the mix, form 4 patties in the pan.
- 9Cook until golden, turn over cook until golden and cooked through.
- 10Keep these warm whilst you repeat with the remaining sesame oil and leek/egg mix.
- 11Divide between 4 plates, and serve with the sauce spooned over.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Negi (leek) Patties
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.7
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 367.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g