Recipe by Moor Driver
Delicious vegetarian recipe from Olive Magazine. You can use any type of mushroom you like, although the Japanese ones may give better flavor. The pre-cooked vacuum packed chestnuts work perfectly in this recipe.
- 6 shiitake mushrooms
- 400 ml boiling vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 100 g rice
- 150 g butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 100 g cooked chestnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the rice, squash, chestnuts, soy sauce and mirin in a small sauce pan with a lid, lay the musrooms on the surface stalk side down. Pour the vegetable stock over the rice to cover it by about 1/4 inch, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.