Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
We use a pre-made roux manufactured in Japan by a compnay called 'House'. The product is called 'Kokumaro Stew Cream' & we have found it available in most supermarkets that sell Asian food products
- 1 (360 g) package kokumaro stew cream roux mix
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 carrots, cubed
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 12 small yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 small ginger, piece minced (optional)
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 3 celery ribs, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- brown chicken thighs and drain fat.
- warm up a cup of the water or broth and melt the roux.
- add chicken and roux to crock pot with all remaining ingredients.
- set on low for 8 hours.
- simmer on low heat until vegetables are tender.