Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From my saved recipe box (never made though). I want to get this on-line so I can find it when I want to make chicken! Cook time doesn't account for 4 hours marination or more.
- 1360.77 g chicken parts, on bone with skin
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml olive oil or 59.14 ml peanut oil
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml sake
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml gingerroot, grated
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 lemon slices, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Sprinkle chicken generously with pepper.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and stir to blend well.
- Sprinkle cornstarch on a plate and toss chicken pieces to coat, shaking off any excess.
- Transfer the coated pieces of chicken to the marinade and let marinate for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Arrange chicken in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with oil and bake uncovered, basting occasionally, for 1 1/4 hours, or until the chicken is cooked and juices run clear.
This was excellent!!!! I left the chicken in the marinade for 24 hours. I did not baste as it baked instead I poured the marinade over the chicken in the baking dish. The chicken came out perfectly baked, moist and full of flavor. I forgot use the cornstarch and oil and don't think you need it at all. But I may try it next time just to see if it makes any difference. Since I added the marinade to the baking dish there is no need for the oil. You really need to give this recipe a try! I served this with Orange Blossom Zucchini and Savory Microwave Rice I took pictures of the 3 together on the plate so will post later. I will be making this again!! Made for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag 2008* game