Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a oil based marinade which is very effective in penatrating tough cuts of meat and tenderizing them.You can use either regular soy or "sweet soy" sauce (found in asian markets).Enough to marinate 2-3 lbs. Marinate for at least 3 hours..over nite if you can.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder (optional)
- 1 dash ground ginger or 1 dash grated fresh ginger
- mix all ingredients together.
- blend until emulsified in blender/stick blender.
- Pour into large ziplock bag with meat.
- refrigerate at least 3 hours.
If it was just me I would give this a 5. The kids and I both loved it but DH said it was a 3. He thought it was too bland. I only marinated it for 1 hr. Next time I will do it for at least 3 and see if he likes it better. I will also bump up the ginger. Made for zaar cookbook tag.
I did not make this recipe but I gave it to a friend who used it on chicken thighs, her family is all thumbs up. Good job Messy Kitchen Maid!