Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄4 cup blanched slivered almond
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3⁄4 lb beef, ground
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fine noodles (such as Ramen noodles (1 pkg.))
- 1 package Japanese-style vegetables (frozen)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Saute almo nds in butter or margarine in skillet until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan and set aside. Brown beef well in butter remaining in skillet. Stir in water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Stir in noodles.
- Cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables.
- Bring to a full boil over medium heat, separating vegetables with a fork and stirring frequently.
- Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and sprinkle with almonds.
This was really quick and easy but I think it needs more seasoning than just 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce. We tried adding more soy sauce but that just made it saltier without really improving the flavor. I'm going to play around with this recipe and try making it with some more creative sauces to boost the flavor.
This was a flavorful easy Japanese dish! Very nice recipe to have on hand with no time to cook. Thanks Tonkcats