This is a popular Japanese dish, sort of a really tasty take on salisbury steak. Its quick, cheap, easy and sooo good. Panko bread crumbs are key here..
- Chop onion finely. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and saute onion well and set aside.
- Put egg and milk in a bowl and mix well. Add breadcrumb in the bowl and mix lightly and set aside.
- Put beef in another bowl and add cooked onion and breadcrumb mixture in it.
- Season the beef mixture with salt and pepper. Mix the meat well with hands well. Make four meat balls and toss each ball from one hand to the other hand repeatedly.
- Make four hamburger patties and indent the center of each one with a finger. Heat oil in a pan and saute hamburgers over medium heat.
- Turn over and saute the other side. Add 1/4 cup of hot water in the pan and put lid and steam hamburgers for a few minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook until the water is gone. Transfer hamburgers into individual plates.
- Add ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in the pan after hamburgers are removed. Mix quickly over low heat to make sauce. Pour the sauce over hamburgers.