1/3 Photos of Japanese Hambagu (Hamburg) Steak
This is a popular Japanese dish, sort of a really tasty take on salisbury steak. Its quick, cheap, easy and sooo good. Panko bread crumbs are key here..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop onion finely. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and saute onion well and set aside.
- 2Put egg and milk in a bowl and mix well. Add breadcrumb in the bowl and mix lightly and set aside.
- 3Put beef in another bowl and add cooked onion and breadcrumb mixture in it.
- 4Season the beef mixture with salt and pepper. Mix the meat well with hands well. Make four meat balls and toss each ball from one hand to the other hand repeatedly.
- 5Make four hamburger patties and indent the center of each one with a finger. Heat oil in a pan and saute hamburgers over medium heat.
- 6Turn over and saute the other side. Add 1/4 cup of hot water in the pan and put lid and steam hamburgers for a few minutes.
- 7Remove the lid and cook until the water is gone. Transfer hamburgers into individual plates.
- 8Add ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in the pan after hamburgers are removed. Mix quickly over low heat to make sauce. Pour the sauce over hamburgers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Hambagu (Hamburg) Steak
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.4
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 125.7 mg
- Sodium 548.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 27.1 g