This recipe is something I came up with to go with a box of Golden Curry Sauce mix I spontaneously purchased (what a find!). I made it with just veggies but I think adding some protein (chicken, beef, tofu, etc) would be great too. The flavors are so savory with a hint of spice (cinnamon?). You can find Golden Curry at most grocery stores in the Asian section - I found mine at an average Ralphs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken (optional) or 1 1/2 cups tofu (optional) or 1 1/2 cups beef (optional) or 1 1/2 cups pork (optional)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large russet potato, peeled, in bite-size cubes
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can baby corn, cut in half
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box golden curry sauce mix
- 1in a medium/large pot, heat oil and saute onions and protein (if using) until lightly browned.
- 2Add 2 3/4 cups water and potatoes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5-10 minutes until potatoes and protein is tender.
- 3Break sauce mix into pieces and crumble into pot. Stir until it it melted inches Simmer for 2 minutes.
- 4Add broccoli and corn and cook for 3-5 minutes more, or until cooked through.
- 5Serve hot over rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Golden Curry
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 57.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
curry sauce mix