Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is something I came up with to go with a box of Golden Curry Sauce mix I spontaneously purchased (what a find!). I made it with just veggies but I think adding some protein (chicken, beef, tofu, etc) would be great too. The flavors are so savory with a hint of spice (cinnamon?). You can find Golden Curry at most grocery stores in the Asian section - I found mine at an average Ralphs.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken (optional) or 1 1⁄2 cups tofu (optional) or 1 1⁄2 cups beef (optional) or 1 1⁄2 cups pork (optional)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large russet potato, peeled, in bite-size cubes
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can baby corn, cut in half
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) boxgolden curry sauce mix
- in a medium/large pot, heat oil and saute onions and protein (if using) until lightly browned.
- Add 2 3/4 cups water and potatoes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 5-10 minutes until potatoes and protein is tender.
- Break sauce mix into pieces and crumble into pot. Stir until it it melted inches Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and corn and cook for 3-5 minutes more, or until cooked through.
- Serve hot over rice or noodles.
i love this stuff cherry bombers
This was a really nice curry. I've always seen the Japanese curry box in the grocery store but have never tried it until now. I used some pork tenderloin and made as directed. I'll make this one again. Thanks, Sofie for a nice keeper. Made for Culinary Quest 2015.
I'm going to try this but add carrots with the potatoes instead of the broccoli and corn at the end. I will come back with a review afterwards.