1/3 Photos of Japanese Ginger Pork (Shogayaki)
Quick and easy dish, and it's delicious! It's important to use mirin as sherry/other wine does not give the authentic taste of shogayaki. Serve it with steamed cabbage/other vegetables and japanese rice for a yummy meal! You can substitute pork with sliced beef too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine soy sauce, ginger and mirin in a bowl.
- 2Add pork slices, marinate for 15 minutes.
- 3Heat oil in skillet.
- 4Remove pork from bowl, reserve marinade.
- 5Saute meat quickly at high heat.
- 6Pour marinade into pan, give the pork a quick stir.
- 7NOTE: marinated meat burn easily, it's important to work quickly.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Ginger Pork (Shogayaki)
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.8
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 862.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 32.6 g