Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This excellent coffee flavour dessert was first served in a Japanese departmental store. I found this recipe in the book "Herbs in the home" by Katherine Richmond. Enjoy! Note: Preparation time does not include refrigeration time.
- 12 canned lychees, including juice from the can
- 1 small fresh pineapple, washed
- 2 large ripe pears
- 2 fresh peaches, washed
- 12 strawberries, washed and chopped
- 6 small fresh mint sprigs
- 12 fresh mint sprigs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2⁄3 cup double cream
- Put all the fruit in a large, beautiful & transparent glass bowl.
- Pour lychee juice over it.
- In a food processor, put the mint,coffee granules and the boiling water.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add cream and blend again for a minute.
- This is your coffee sauce that is now ready.
- Serve the salad chilled with this coffee sauce as a separate dip.