Recipe by Mary Beth Sharpe
This is a dessert that is served almost every Thanksgiving and/or Christmas by my family.
Top Review by BrookeTX-GA
We liked this! I used this recipe vs. the others because it had less butter. I really liked that it was stuff I could keep on hand. All I had was a deep dish ready made pie crust, so the pie was a little "short" looking. Tasted great. I'm serving it to company tomorrow.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or less)
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup angel flake coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine, let cool, then add rest of ingredients and put into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes (may take 45-50 minutes) stick knife or toothpick in middle at 40 minutes to see if it needs to cook longer.
- When toothpick or knife comes out clean, pie is done.
- This pie is best served warm NOT hot.
- Freezes very well- just wrap in foil and freeze.
- Then thaw and heat before serving.