Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This came from my Grandmother and has been an all time family favorite.
Make and share this Japanese Fruit Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup nuts
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1 box seeded raisins
Japanese Fruit Cake Filling
- 2 boxes coconut
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 lemons (rind grated and juiced)
- Eggless Cake: Put sugar in mixing bowl.
- Add spices then buttermilk slowly mixing together.
- Mix together flour, soda raisins and nuts and add to buttermilk mixture.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Put in two 8 inch layer pans and cook at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Japanese Fruit Cake Filling: Combine all ingredients and cook until thick.
- Put between cake layers.