Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was given to me by the wonderful dessert chefs at Maafushivaru in the Maldives. This cake is perfect as a dessert, with a cup of tea or as i have also enjoyed it for breakfast!
- 1 pastry shells (or make 300g Sweet Pastry Dough)
- 30 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 180 g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar (trust me)
- 125 g raisins
- 125 g cashew nuts (Chopped)
- 125 g coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Place into the pastry case and bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool and brush on some Apricot jam on as a glaze.