Culinary School Dropout's Note:
A sweet and savory version of the classic Japanese Teriyaki Sauce with fresh ginger & garlic along with sesame seeds and a dash of Japanese Togarishi to give it a little kick. Easy to make and oh so delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all but sesame seeds. togarishi, cornstarch and 1/4c water in a sauce pan and begin heating.
- 2Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. Add to sauce in pan.
- 3Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.
- 4Add togarishi and sesame seeds (can substitute dash of ground red pepper if togarishi unavailable - they have several blends of togarishi at most Asian Markets and all Japanese Grocers). Leave out togarishi/peppers if desired.
- 5Add water to thin if too thick.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Firecracker Teriyaki Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4055.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 106.8 g
- Protein 8.2 g