1/1 Photo of Japanese Eggplant (Aubergine) Saute
A great way to enjoy one sadly overlooked vegetable. The Eggplant. Add your favorite protein for a great one dish meal! This is my version of my friend Mayumi's recipe. I prefer the long and thin Japanese or Chinese eggplant. They taste less acidic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine Soy sauce, mirin, crushed garlic and ginger in a bowl.
- 2Slice your eggplant thinly and into small pieces.
- 3Toss eggplant in hot pan (I use a spray oil like Pam) with the sauce mixture.
- 4Sauté at a medium heat until very tender, about 10 minutes.
- 5Add a little water to keep the veg moist if necessary.
- 6Great as a side dish for fish or chicken.
- 7Add diced medium firm tofu or any other protein for a very simple, quick meal.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Eggplant (Aubergine) Saute
Serving Size: 1 (706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1034.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.4 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 8.8 g