Sue Lau's Note:
A staple for Japanese cooking and recipes. I make a lot and freeze the extra into ice cubes to have on hand when I need it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wipe konbu once with damp cloth and cut into strips.
- 2Do not wipe off white residue as it dries.
- 3Bring konbu strips and water to a boil over medium heat; remove konbu.
- 4Add 1/4-1/2 cup ice water to stock to stop boiling.
- 5Add bonito flakes and return to boil; then remove from heat.
- 6When bonito flakes have all sunk from top, strain stock through cheesecloth or coffee filter placed over sieve into another pot.
- 7Use as directed in recipes.
- 8Freeze excess for later use, if desired.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Dashi (Bonito Fish Stock)
Serving Size: 1 (1066 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: