Recipe by Kay D.
I don't really remember where I got this recipe; off the internet somewhere, I'm sure. This tasty little salad is just the thing to cool you off in the summer; very refreshing, and so quick and easy. Just remember if you're sensitive to cucumbers (I am) try to use the "burpless" varieties.
Top Review by Hello Kitty with cupcakes
Fantastic side that goes with many main courses. The flavor of this dish hits all over your mouth. A salty beginning, cool fresh middle and a good heat at the end. Definitely use rice vinegar over white. To kick it up even more use 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp cayanne, and 1 or 2 cloves of garlic. Tastes like a cucumber Kimchi.
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small glass bowl (just easier to clean up than plastic) mix together vinegar, sesame oil, mustard, soy sauce and tabasco sauce.
- Stir until completely combined.
- Thinly slice your cucumbers.
- Combine the cucumbers and dressing mixture.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.