Adapted from Wolfgang Puck, this has gotten rave reviews! Cook time is marinating time.
Make and share this Japanese Cucumber Salad recipe from Food.com.
- If using English or regular cucumbers, they need to be peeled, cut lengthwise, seeded and sliced into thin half moons.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Add sugar(or honey), soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil and mix well.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and mix.
- Let marinate for 20 minutes before serving.
- Adjust seasonings before serving.
This was delicious. I didn't even use the sugar or honey. Made for Sharon123 Cookathon 2010.
These were very tasty. I think I may have sliced my cucumbers too thin. I'll try slicing them thicker next time. Not too thick though but not as thin as paper. I tried toasted sesame seeds I had on hand and I think I'd rather have the regular ones. I'll be making this one often.
Love this salad--I always used to order it at sushi restaurants, but it's so fast and easy, I now make it all the time at home. I doubled the recipe, using about a teaspoon of sugar, and it was just right. Also, I used coconut aminos instead of soy sauce (lower in sodium and soy free)-- this is a great summertime side-dish.