Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from Wolfgang Puck, this has gotten rave reviews! Cook time is marinating time.
Top Review by tobynewell_3008034
Love this salad--I always used to order it at sushi restaurants, but it's so fast and easy, I now make it all the time at home. I doubled the recipe, using about a teaspoon of sugar, and it was just right. Also, I used coconut aminos instead of soy sauce (lower in sodium and soy free)-- this is a great summertime side-dish.
- 2 cups thinly sliced cucumbers (Japanese, English, or regular)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or slightly less honey)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- If using English or regular cucumbers, they need to be peeled, cut lengthwise, seeded and sliced into thin half moons.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Add sugar(or honey), soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil and mix well.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and mix.
- Let marinate for 20 minutes before serving.
- Adjust seasonings before serving.