Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Japanese family recipe. Any fresh cucumber that you would put in a salad can substitute for Japanese cucumbers. If the onions are bitter, soak the thin slices in water for about 15 minutes or until bitterness is gone and drain them thoroughly. Less oil can be used in non-stick pans. Serve with rice.
- 2 japanese cucumbers
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons japanese mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces boneless pork, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cut bumps off of cucumber. Thinly slice cucumber and onion.
- Whisk together equal parts mayonnaise and soy sauce to make dressing.
- Pan fry pork in vegetable oil until done. Lightly season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove pork to serving plate(s), and arrange sliced cucumber and onion on top.
- Pour over dressing.