Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A wonderful Cucumber Salad infused from the Pacific Rim.
- 3 japanese cucumbers (Seeded, Sliced Thin)
- 2 cups daikon radishes (Sliced Thin)
- 1 cup maui onion (Sliced Thin)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (Sliced in Half)
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (Fine)
- 1 garlic clove (Minced)
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fine sugar
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons fresh chives (Chopped)
- Place cucumbers, radishes, onion, tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic clove, 1-bay leaf in a salad bowl and toss salad.
- In a small saucepan add rice vinegar, bay leaf and bring boil. Wisk in sugar until completely disolved. Pour warm dressing over salad. Season salad with sea salt and black pepper. Toss salad until completely coated.
- Chill salad for 15-minutes before service.
- Remove garlic clove and bay leaves. Add 2 tablespoons chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve salad on a chilled plates.
- Garnish salads with fresh chopped chives.