1/3 Photos of Japanese Cucumber Maui Onion and Daikon Radish Salad
Chef #848413's Note:
This Cucumber Salad has a light and refreshing taste. The ingredients are from the Pacific Rim.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 japanese cucumbers (Seeded, Sliced Thin)
- 2 cups daikon radishes (Sliced Thin)
- 1 cup maui onion (Sliced Thin)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (Sliced in Half)
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (Fine)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fine sugar
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh chives (Chopped)
- 1Place cucumbers, radishes, onion, tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic clove, 1-bay leaf in a salad bowl and toss salad.
- 2In a small saucepan add rice vinegar, bay leaf and bring boil. Wisk in sugar until completely disolved. Pour warm dressing over salad. Season salad with sea salt and black pepper. Toss salad until completely coated.
- 3Chill salad for 15 minutes before service.
- 4Remove garlic clove and bay leaves. Reseason with salt and pepper to taste. Place the salad on a chilled plates and serve.
- 5Garnish the salads with fresh chopped chives and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Cucumber Maui Onion and Daikon Radish Salad
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.1
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1745.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar