This Cucumber Salad has a light and refreshing taste. The ingredients are from the Pacific Rim.
Make and share this Japanese Cucumber Maui Onion and Daikon Radish Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 japanese cucumbers (Seeded, Sliced Thin)
- 2 cups daikon radishes (Sliced Thin)
- 1 cup maui onion (Sliced Thin)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes (Sliced in Half)
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (Fine)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fine sugar
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives (Chopped)
- Place cucumbers, radishes, onion, tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic clove, 1-bay leaf in a salad bowl and toss salad.
- In a small saucepan add rice vinegar, bay leaf and bring boil. Wisk in sugar until completely disolved. Pour warm dressing over salad. Season salad with sea salt and black pepper. Toss salad until completely coated.
- Chill salad for 15 minutes before service.
- Remove garlic clove and bay leaves. Reseason with salt and pepper to taste. Place the salad on a chilled plates and serve.
- Garnish the salads with fresh chopped chives and serve.