Recipe by Katherine in Alberta
I have never had wings that taste as good as these and this is the only recipe I use to make wings with. My girlfriend Betty gave me this recipe and she got it from her neighbor so it's starting to get around. Everyone that I have served these to absolutely loves them and goes well with a nice rice dish. Great for a large crowd and tastes good warmed up if there are any left overs.
- 3 lbs chicken wings (divide into 4 batches)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup butter (do not use margarine and divide into 4 batches)
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut wings in half and divide into 4 batches.
- Dip in slightly beaten egg and then in flour.
- Divide the butter into 4 batches.
- Melt the butter in a 2 cup measuring cup and pour only a 1/4 cup into a 10" non stick frying pan.
- Fry the wings in butter on medium heat until a deep brown and crisp.
- Continue with the next 3 batches and then put wings in a shallow roasting pan and pour sauce over top of wings.
- Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour.
- Spoon sauce over wings during cooking.