Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are the best, sticky-gooey wings I ever had. Best served with rice. I've been told they are better than sex.
- 2 lbs chicken wings (cut up and tips discarded)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons water
- Rinse wings and dip in egg mixture, then dredge in flour.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in large frying pan and fry wings until browned.
- Mix sauce ingredients together until sugar dissolves.
- Lay wings (not overlapping) in a 9X13 casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over and bake 350F 1 hour (turn wings over after first 1/2 hour).
- Continue to cook until sauce is thickened a nicely gooey.
Cheap and quick to make! 10 mins prep time! (although you have to wash up a few eggy bowls!)...YUMMY! Impressed all my friends - and they actually thought i'd made an effort! I used Chiken thighs instead of wings, and they fell apart in your mouth! deff one to try!
This tasted very much like sweet and sour chicken. Easy to make and economical. My sauce did not thicken up as much as I would have liked - perhaps because of my oven. Would make this recipe again, but it is not better than sex. Lol
Highly recommended. I have made this three times already because my family loves it! It's a lot like sweet and sour chicken. I make it with boneless chicken breasts and serve it with rice and Recipe*zaar #1660 Japanese Cabbage Salad.