Recipe by Petite Mommy
A delicious chicken wing recipe that can be adapted by using chicken breasts cut into strips or even chicken legs. This recipe allows you to use your favorite cut of chicken if you aren't a wing fan. (Recipe by "Tracy" posted at AllRecipes)
Top Review by Baker*girl
A great recipe. I made a few modifications the second time I made it. I lightly sprayed the wings with cooking spray before browning them in a non-stick pan. I also thought that there was way too much sugar for me, so I halved that and doubled up on the garlic (I am a garlic lover- guilty!)
- 3 lbs chicken wings (or 3 pounds chicken breasts)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for coating
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut wings in half, dip in egg and coat with flour.
- Heat butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Fry wings until deep brown. Place in a shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, water, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and salt. Pour over wings.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, basting wings with sauce often.