Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious chicken wing recipe that can be adapted by using chicken breasts cut into strips or even chicken legs. This recipe allows you to use your favorite cut of chicken if you aren't a wing fan. (Recipe by "Tracy" posted at AllRecipes)
- 3 lbs chicken wings (or 3 pounds chicken breasts)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, for coating
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut wings in half, dip in egg and coat with flour.
- Heat butter in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Fry wings until deep brown. Place in a shallow roasting pan.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, water, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and salt. Pour over wings.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, basting wings with sauce often.
A great recipe. I made a few modifications the second time I made it. I lightly sprayed the wings with cooking spray before browning them in a non-stick pan. I also thought that there was way too much sugar for me, so I halved that and doubled up on the garlic (I am a garlic lover- guilty!)
this is a wonderful recipe i substituted brown sugar splenda for the sugar and guess what...the kids want to eat it AGAIN tonight!!! thank you, Becca
All I have to say is A-MAZ-ING! My BF just ran to the bank before they closed and I'm trying to hold off on dinner. Not happening. I thought 'just one bite wont hurt'. These are addicting chicken wings. I was kinda skeptical because of the simple ingredients but they are loaded with flavor and the crust is perfect. The only thing I did different was to add a little cayenne to balance the sugar. Thanks a ton! These ROCK!