1/2 Photos of Japanese Chicken Katsu and Tonkatsu Sauce - Lower Calorie
I used to love going to this place called Wasabi and they had the best Chicken Katsu. This is the closest recipe to it. It is not majority reduced, but better than it was. You can also add some dried garlic or onion powder to the mix.The fry comes out perfectly crispy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken into flat thin pieces.
- 2Mix 1 tbsp flour, panko and breadcrumbs. (You might need more).
- 3Egg chicken and dredge in remaining flour.
- 4Egg again and then cover with panko/bread/flour crumbs.
- 5Heat oil to cover 1/4 inch of an entire large frying pan to 350 degrees.
- 6Use tongs and fry on each side till golden brown for . (Use a thermometer to meter heat so it stays consistent at 340-360).
- 7Chicken cooks about 2-3 minutes on each side or until each is golden brown.
- 8Drain on paper towels.
- 9For the Sauce mix all the remaining incredients together.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Chicken Katsu and Tonkatsu Sauce - Lower Calorie
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1866.0
- Calories from Fat 1206
- Total Fat 134.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 2542.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 64.5 g