I used to love going to this place called Wasabi and they had the best Chicken Katsu. This is the closest recipe to it. It is not majority reduced, but better than it was. You can also add some dried garlic or onion powder to the mix.The fry comes out perfectly crispy!
- Cut chicken into flat thin pieces.
- Mix 1 tbsp flour, panko and breadcrumbs. (You might need more).
- Egg chicken and dredge in remaining flour.
- Egg again and then cover with panko/bread/flour crumbs.
- Heat oil to cover 1/4 inch of an entire large frying pan to 350 degrees.
- Use tongs and fry on each side till golden brown for . (Use a thermometer to meter heat so it stays consistent at 340-360).
- Chicken cooks about 2-3 minutes on each side or until each is golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- For the Sauce mix all the remaining incredients together.