Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Japanese Chicken Karaage (Fried Chicken) recipe from Food.com.
- Cut chicken meat into a bite sized pieces.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt and a tablespoon of Japanese Sake on the meats, knead them, and leave it about 30 minutes.
- Sop up the Sake with paper towels and put the meats, all spices, and flour into a plastic bag.
- Knead the plastic bag until all spices and flour cover all meats.
- Fill a pan with vegetable oil for deep frying and heat it up with middle flame. When the pan is heated up enough, put the meats into the pan.
- If your pan is big enough(about 30 cm diameter), you can put them all at once (Don't put only a few pieces; it will make only the surface of meat char).
- Notes: If you see bubbles as soon as you put a wooden chop stick into the oil, this is too hot. If you see them after 2 seconds, it's just the right temperature. After deep-frying the meat about 7~8 minutes, make the flame stronger.
- When the chicken fried beautifully brown, take them out of the pan onto paper towels.
- In addition If you sprinkle lemon juice on the chicken, it tastes better.