1 hr 20 mins
V'nut-Beyond Redemption's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken meat into a bite sized pieces.
- 2Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt and a tablespoon of Japanese Sake on the meats, knead them, and leave it about 30 minutes.
- 3Sop up the Sake with paper towels and put the meats, all spices, and flour into a plastic bag.
- 4Knead the plastic bag until all spices and flour cover all meats.
- 5Fill a pan with vegetable oil for deep frying and heat it up with middle flame. When the pan is heated up enough, put the meats into the pan.
- 6If your pan is big enough(about 30 cm diameter), you can put them all at once (Don't put only a few pieces; it will make only the surface of meat char).
- 7Notes: If you see bubbles as soon as you put a wooden chop stick into the oil, this is too hot. If you see them after 2 seconds, it's just the right temperature. After deep-frying the meat about 7~8 minutes, make the flame stronger.
- 8When the chicken fried beautifully brown, take them out of the pan onto paper towels.
- 9In addition If you sprinkle lemon juice on the chicken, it tastes better.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Chicken Karaage (Fried Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.3
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 843.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 16.9 g