Living in Japan I discovered this nice Japanese Cheesecake. Myself, I think it's really delicious.
Make and share this Japanese Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 7 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar (caster sugar)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch (don't use flour)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 1⁄2 cups boiling water
For the glazing
- 2 tablespoons jam (Apricot or Strawberry)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch cake tin with cooking oil spray.
- Beat cream cheese with milk to soften.
- Add half of the sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Beat until smooth.
- Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until foamy.
- Gradually add remaining sugar and cream of tartar, to the egg whites, beating on high speed until soft peaks form, about 8-10 minutes.
- Gradually fold beaten egg whites into the cream cheese mixture, stirring gently.
- Pour into cake pan and smooth the surface.
- Place cake pan into a larger roasting pan and place in lower rack of oven.
- Pour enough water into the roasting pan to come half way up the side of the cake pan.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until a pick inserted in the middle of the center comes out clean.
- You can eat like this, or you can put jam on top of it.
- Put the jam in a sauce pan with the water on a low heat and warm up until it's melted.
- Then spread the glaze on top of the cake.
- If the surface becomes too dark while baking cover with a piece of tin foil, but be careful not to open the oven door until it has been in the oven for at least 20 minutes.