1/12 Photos of Japanese Cheesecake
Living in Japan I discovered this nice Japanese Cheesecake. Myself, I think it's really delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar (caster sugar)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (don't use flour)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
For the glazing
- 2 tablespoons jam (Apricot or Strawberry)
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 9-inch cake tin with cooking oil spray.
- 3Beat cream cheese with milk to soften.
- 4Add half of the sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- 5Beat until smooth.
- 6Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until foamy.
- 7Gradually add remaining sugar and cream of tartar, to the egg whites, beating on high speed until soft peaks form, about 8-10 minutes.
- 8Gradually fold beaten egg whites into the cream cheese mixture, stirring gently.
- 9Pour into cake pan and smooth the surface.
- 10Place cake pan into a larger roasting pan and place in lower rack of oven.
- 11Pour enough water into the roasting pan to come half way up the side of the cake pan.
- 12Bake 35-40 minutes, until a pick inserted in the middle of the center comes out clean.
- 13You can eat like this, or you can put jam on top of it.
- 14Put the jam in a sauce pan with the water on a low heat and warm up until it's melted.
- 15Then spread the glaze on top of the cake.
- 16If the surface becomes too dark while baking cover with a piece of tin foil, but be careful not to open the oven door until it has been in the oven for at least 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.3
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 130.4 mg
- Sodium 152.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g