Recipe by oh noel!
It's what's inside that counts! My japanese mother makes this all the time. It's quick and easy and tastes great!
Top Review by kiana b.
I added a clove of garlic and an inch or more of ginger, added that to the minced veggies and sautéed until soft, then added that to the pork to create the mix. Added lots of flavor without having to add more salt or soy!
- 8 large cabbage leaves
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 4 shiitake mushrooms
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken soup base
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash cabbage leaves and steam or boil them to soften.
- Mince shiitake mushrooms, carrot, and onion.
- Mix ground pork, shiitake, carrot, and onion in a bowl. Add salt and mix further. Divide the pork mixture into 8 portions.
- Put one portion of pork mixture on a cabbage leaf and roll it. Make 8 cabbage rolls.
- Put chicken soup stock and soy sauce in a deep pan and place cabbage rolls in the pan. Simmer the cabbage rolls on low heat until meat is cooked.