It's what's inside that counts! My japanese mother makes this all the time. It's quick and easy and tastes great!
- Wash cabbage leaves and steam or boil them to soften.
- Mince shiitake mushrooms, carrot, and onion.
- Mix ground pork, shiitake, carrot, and onion in a bowl. Add salt and mix further. Divide the pork mixture into 8 portions.
- Put one portion of pork mixture on a cabbage leaf and roll it. Make 8 cabbage rolls.
- Put chicken soup stock and soy sauce in a deep pan and place cabbage rolls in the pan. Simmer the cabbage rolls on low heat until meat is cooked.