Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a low carb book
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking brown rice (30 minute quick cooking)
- 1⁄4 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb fresh snow pea, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large saucepan with 2 to 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add rice and boil 25 minutes. Add mushrooms and snow peas and continue to boil 5 minutes. Drain. Mix chicken broth, vinegar, and soy sauce together and toss with rice and vegetables. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Not our taste... It was like soup with rice in... I dumped out most of the broth, but it was still pretty weird. I'm glad I tried it, but probably won't make it again.