Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
I love a warming egg noodle filled soup but I find that most recipes call for dashi which I find far too strong. This gets its flavour from miso and so is lighter.
- 1200 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g carrots, in matchsticks
- 100 g baby sweetcorn, halved
- 100 g snow peas (mangetout)
- 100 g spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 cm cube gingerroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white miso
- 1⁄4 cup torn fresh coriander
For the egg noodles
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the stock into a pan and heat until hot but not boiling.
- Add the carrot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the corn, snow peas, onion and ginger and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sake, miso and soy.
- Mix the eggs, water and seeds together and in an omlette pan make two thin flat omlettes. Roll each omlette up into a swiss roll shape and slice to make ribbons.
- Serve the soup topped with the egg ribbons and coriander.
- This soup can be frozen without the egg for upto one month.