Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a gorgeous dish, with quite a delicate flavour - if you're looking for a traditional Chinese-style black bean stir fry you should probably look elsewhere. Canned black beans are the easiest for this recipe - you only use a little, the rest of the can goes into the freezer for next time. Alternatively, if you have a few hours you can get some dried black beans from the asian grocer and reconstitute them - I haven't tried this yet but don't think it would make any difference to the end result. The recipe comes from the Golden Door Australia mailing list.
- 125 g soba noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 250 g chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small carrot, finely sliced
- 1 small green pepper, finely sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup button mushroom, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon canned black beans, rinsed and crushed
- 1⁄2 cup Baby Spinach
- Cook the soba noodles according to the directions on the packet, then drain and put aside.
- Heat sesame oil in wok. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until just brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, carrot, pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add tamari, stock, sweet chilli and black beans and cook for 1 minute.
- Add spinach and noodles and stir gently until heated through. Serve immediately.
This recipe had all the ingredients I was looking for so I didn't change much. I increased the chicken, garlic & mushrooms abit and added in 1/2 chopped jalapeno & 4 oz raw shrimp. I like my stir-fry's with full flavour so I doubled the chili sauce. I still found it was lacking abit of flavour but that could be cause I used low-salt broth & soy sauce. I like the addition of spinach at the end, thanks for sharing.