Chef #302958's Note:
This is a gorgeous dish, with quite a delicate flavour - if you're looking for a traditional Chinese-style black bean stir fry you should probably look elsewhere. Canned black beans are the easiest for this recipe - you only use a little, the rest of the can goes into the freezer for next time. Alternatively, if you have a few hours you can get some dried black beans from the asian grocer and reconstitute them - I haven't tried this yet but don't think it would make any difference to the end result. The recipe comes from the Golden Door Australia mailing list.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 125 g soba noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 250 g chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1 small carrot, finely sliced
- 1 small green pepper, finely sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup button mushroom, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon canned black beans, rinsed and crushed
- 1/2 cup Baby Spinach
- 1Cook the soba noodles according to the directions on the packet, then drain and put aside.
- 2Heat sesame oil in wok. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until just brown.
- 3Add garlic, ginger, carrot, pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- 4Add tamari, stock, sweet chilli and black beans and cook for 1 minute.
- 5Add spinach and noodles and stir gently until heated through. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Black Bean Chicken and Soba
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.9
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 610.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce